Alicja Rolek: Take action now

I chose to do my drawing from Gardiner’s article ” Coronavirus Holds Key Lessons on How to Fight Climate Change”. My picture is portraying how the COVID- 19 crisis is being compared to climate change. My picture is portraying that COVID and climate change are basically equivalent hence the equal sign, but at different time speeds. My picture is also showing people protesting so that political leaders can realize that this shouldn’t be neglected like it was with coronavirus. The people protesting have quotes written from Gardiner’s article as their arguments. The political leaders in my illustration have quotes written from Gardiner’s article as well that are trying to downplay the situation of both COVID and climate change. In my illustration I also added little sayings that I saw on the internet when people attended protest’s for climate change. COVID and climate change are being compared because the effects of climate change will soon be similar to the crisis we are dealing with now. If we continue waiting till we see the effects of the climate it will then be too late to take action. We have to start taking action now and not avoiding it all costs. Which is why I chose to write the message “take action now”. I choose the quote “If you wait until you can see the impact, it is too late to stop it” to be one of the quotes to be on one of the posters in my illustration because I believe it to be very important because that’s were the parallel between COVID-19 and climate change is really seen. This is also another reason for why I chose to write “take action now” and “our planet needs help now” I  chose to use the quote ” COVID-19 is climate change on warp speed” from the articale and I drew a clock saying ” Tik Tok time is running out”.